Hectic's fur color is of a mantis green; he stands at a height of 3'5' as well, having a slim waistline whilst he appears to be averagely built in physique, having the muscular tone of one that regularly goes to the gym often but is not that buff. His hairstyle is a bit unique, with two spikes raising above the left and right side of the top of his head, and a black hairband is wrapped around a few loose curls in the middle. Three other spikes run down the back of his head in a somewhat curved style. Along with this, his snout color is a light apricot, along with his arms and hands.
For his daily attire, he will regularly wear some type of strange, red star amulet around his neck, atop a black tank top that he regularly wears in public. He wears white shorts, with black stripes running from the sides and bottom of them. For some strange reason, he also wears arm & leg sleeves. He also wears shoes with a black and white shoe design.
Hectic has quite an unusual personality, as he is a bit erratic. However, he is more of a shy body when around others, tending to stutter when conversing or introducing himself. However, when he begins to feel comfortable around others' presences after a while, he will express a personality which can variate quite differently from his common attitude, as he will grow more expressive and become comfortable to reveal deeply, pent-in emotions and ideals. Along with this, he will also begin to show an express an affable personality towards others that he feels are close to him, and try to become a bit attentive towards them other than himself.
He was often separated from social conversations when he was a little boy, so as of now, even in relationships, he will often tend to stay quiet unless asked of to speak. And most of the time, even when he stays quiet, he will always give off a cheerful charisma, often trying to make others around him grow satisfied within his care or at least feel contended. When he's not busy trying to make his peeps happy, however, he will most likely tend to zone out and become subconscious, as he is a very creative person whom has such imaginative ideals.
When decisive situations come into play, Hectic will often zone out again, thinking of the many consequences and outcomes that would probably follow if make such wise or seemingly idiotic decisions. Along with this known, he will start suspecting the worst if a situation seems out of his hands, as he's a bit emotional in "hectic" situations. Around others who are involved in these certain situations, he will try to brainstorm an outcome towards his certain actions, but may sometimes hide it in fear of exacerbating the situation. Though, if the situation does begin to worsen, he will begin to lose his subtle demeanor and start to panic mentally.
In heated situations, His personality can immediately make a somewhat drastic change, he will begin to act very uptight and tense since he doesn't naturally have the ability to swiftly cope with the situation in just a few seconds of time after its start. Plus, he cannot really trust in his accuracy or the stabilities of his powers in these situations, as he somewhat lacks mental stability in battle or spicy situations. Though, he tries more than an average person, as he will to protect others even when his powers began to deprive him of agility.
Hectic was born into his childhood in a rough and unsettling situation, as his family and the clan they held obligations with (The Erebus Clan) had to live separated and isolate themselves from society. The main reason for this ranges back to medieval times, when the group's ancestors were a minor group of cultists who caused a major conflict and ultimately, a depression in their previous residential kingdom, The Kingdom Of Akriona. After their numbers were weakened by the surrounding clans that made up this kingdom, they were proposed as outcasts by the commonwealth's government. The resulting consequence that followed was that they were kicked from the premises, forced to live out the rest of their lives outside the walls of the kingdom and in the surrounding and untamed province. His parents over the time of his childhood then began to grow protective over their childrens' well-beings, secluding him and Nighter from social contact in fear of what would happen to them. Hectic never got to see the light of day in his childhood; only the dark of night. He also never got the proper education that he internally sought, which is the cause of his minor lack of knowledge.
When the harsh conditions of their environment had finally caught up with them, the entirety of the clan was now submitting into poverty. The majority of men in the group had now knew that this dilemma now had to come to an end. His father and other certain members of the clan had met with each other one day, discussing and finally deciding to use their special powers for a different purpose; for bounty hunting. This occupation they had chose as their method of fighting was a bit severe, and felt that they could easily release all their anger that originated from the harsh living conditions they had to suffer in for several years out on criminals and such that were in nearby settlements and towns. And just like that, they did so, and used these large sums of money they would earn as bounty rewards to help the different families in the clan manage and prosper in the upcoming years.
Soon enough, when Hectic was 12, the bounty-hunting business had proven to be a huge success for the clan, and had even left the families for than a suffice amount of money to pay for resources, but to have the families live quite wealthily; the business also has given the clan quite a bit of popularity throughout some of the many small towns they've visited, gaining quite a positive view on their family name. However, their reputation was only recognized in few towns, and not others. They were still seen as demonic followers to some.
Though, Nighter then began to spend less time with him, sometimes excusing himself from certain activities that he would usually do with Hectic, saying that their father wants him to run 'errands' for him. The more times that his brother made this excuse, the more snoopy Hectic became about this.
Ultimately, Hectic found out sooner about this private 'business' that Nighter always had to attend to; his brother was being taken under his father's wing, as so that he would be physically and mentally trained to become a bounty hunter like the rest of the adults in the clan. After discovering this, the very next day, he asked his father if he could join him and Nighter during their training time. His father agreed, but only said that he could watch, as Hectic was too young at the time.
Every day, Hectic would now be heading outside with Nighter and his dad, watching from a safe distance as his father tutored Nighter in physical and mental training. As the somewhat intelligent boy Hectic always was, he jotted down what he thought his father was teaching Nighter so far, as in hope to get a headstart when it was his turn to go under his father's wing.
Then, that plan turned out to be a great success, as at the age of 14, Hectic had already been training by his lonesome in secret, and had already gained mental access into the "Shadow Zone". Although, because he was so young still and didn't know how to control this dim, potent energy, he almost flexed multiple joints in his arms as a result of his ignorance. This was the reason as of why he began to wear arm and leg sleeves, as to help cushion the pain as he meddles with this energy.
Nonetheless, after this incident, Hectic continued to train in secret despite the reckless error he made. In fact, instead of training at a steady and safe rate, he pushed himself to do more intensive workouts as to build muscular strength in his body. He wanted to prove to his brother and father that he had what it took to become stronger.
Two years later, Hectic had grown to become quite the young man; not only did he seem as built as the usual athlete, but he continued to have the courteous, gentle, and pacifist personality that plagued his childhood and proved to be a weakness to himself. Only at this time did his father began to take notice of his dramatic improvement. And finally, after years of intensive training and self-conscious thinking of himself, Hectic finally heard his father ask of him one morning: "Hey, Hectic. Would you mind if we take a stroll through the forest for a while, just you and me?". Already just partially known to the young hedgie, this wasn't just going to be just family time with his dad; this was an invitation to join under his wing to become one of the next bounty hunters in the clan.
Powers & Abilities
As he has the power to control, manipulate, and shift darkness/dark energy to his will, the use of it multiple times has caused after affects on his body:
Enhanced Night Vision: While being tutored by his father, they always had to train in a dark environment, as the energy would weaken and eventually would dissipate if exposed to any kind of light in a quick amount of time. Hectic found this quite difficult, and fussed at times, complaining that the hard conditions kept him from seeing if the power was working. Unbeknownst to him, however, it turned out that this was one of the many abilities that his father was trying to make him develop, as Hectic's eyes can now quickly adjust in dark areas.
- As a child, Hectic's parents were indeed struggling to find jobs to provide food for Hectic and his older brother, Nighter, when they were younger. All Hectic had to entertain himself with when he was younger was either play with Nighter, or play with a couple of wooden blocks that his mother bought for both of them. Frankly, he always enjoyed the wooden blocks more, always challenging himself to beat his best time in trying to stack the blocks properly and quickly. Although he doesn't realize this, this activity has drastically helped his eye-hand coordination.
- When he didn't feel like playing with the wooden blocks, though, he usually had a bit of fun with his older brother, whom was always a bit more active than him. His brother loved to play fight with him, often wanting them both to play with short tree branches as swords. Although Nighter always bested Hectic with superior speed and strength, Hectic proved himself to be a challenge with amazing reflexes and accurate reactions towards certain actions his brother took.
Star Amulet: An object given to Hectic by his mother when he was 5. A translucent, bright, yellow gem shaped like a star hangs from the end of the chain. These amulets are only given to those that are a part of the Erebus Clan, or at least share the blood of one of the members that pledge their trust and allegiance to that of the clan.
(Add here if you believe you character to be a friend of Hectic's.)
(Add here if your character has met Hectic on few occasions.)
(Add here if you believe your character to have a disliking towards Hectic.)
- He has social anxiety disorder, or the fear of being embarrassed or humiliated in social situations, which is why he regularly is afraid to speak out to others or try to be a leader.
- He also has agoraphobia fear of being in situations in which it would be difficult or embarrassing to leave or get help in, which explains his inconsistency in becoming involved in many things.
- When in the "Shadow Zone" train of thought, and absorbing the dark matter into his body, Hectic is slowly putting a strain on his body which can ultimately lead to his own downfall in combat, as the energy acts very energetic when in closed spaces, such as his muscles, leading to them giving out outbursts of force which Hectic uses as an advantage in this ability; however, these outbursts do not head in one single direction, but instead explodes outwards in all directions, hurting not only enemies but allies as well. Not only this, but the energy can also implode in his body if he uses this for too long, not only leading to bone fractures and injuries, but internal bleeding as well.
- As he is still a bit inexperienced with his power, he is a bit clumsy when in use of it as he doesn't yet truly understand how to control both potent energies.
- Even though he has lightning-quick reflexes and great reaction timing, he doesn't really have the physical body build needed to guarantee an indefinite victory in hand-to-hand combat, as he has a fairly average core body, along with slightly frail arms.
- His ability is weakened in daytime, as if it is exposed to rays of light, the darkness of which he can produce or maneuver from the shadows will become weakened, and will deal less damage than it could originally would, or its effects will weaken, along with Hectic's manipulation over them.
- When harnessing negative/dark energy, his eye color will change to a goldenrod yellow.
- The idea of Hectic's design and personality was partially inspired from Gon, one of the main characters and protagonists of the anime Hunter X Hunter.
- So far, Hectic has went trough a decent amount of reboots; this one, being his 5th.