Hectic's fur color is of a mantis green; he stands at a height of 3'5' as well, having a slim waistline whilst he appears to be averagely built in physique, having the muscular tone of one that regularly goes to the gym often but is not that buff. His hairstyle is a bit unique, with two spikes raising above the left and right side of the top of his head, and a black hairband is wrapped around a few loose curls in the middle. Three other spikes run down the back of his head in a somewhat curved style. Along with this, his snout color is a light apricot, along with his arms and hands.
For his daily attire, he will regularly wear some type of strange, red star amulet around his neck, atop a black tank top that he regularly wears in public. He wears white shorts, with black stripes running from the sides and bottom of them. For some strange reason, he also wears arm & leg sleeves. He also wears shoes with a black and white shoe design.
Hectic has quite an unusual personality, as he is a bit erratic. However, he is more of a shy body when around others, tending to stutter when conversing or introducing himself. However, when he begins to feel comfortable around others' presences after a while, he will express a personality which can variate quite differently from his common attitude, as he will grow more expressive and become comfortable to reveal deeply, pent-in emotions and ideals. Along with this, he will also begin to show an express an affable personality towards others that he feels are close to him, and try to become a bit attentive towards them other than himself.
He was often separated from social conversations when he was a little boy, so as of now, even in relationships, he will often tend to stay quiet unless asked of to speak. And most of the time, even when he stays quiet, he will always give off a cheerful charisma, often trying to make others around him grow satisfied within his care or at least feel contended. When he's not busy trying to make his peeps happy, however, he will most likely tend to zone out and become subconscious, as he is a very creative person whom has such imaginative ideals.
When decisive situations come into play, Hectic will often zone out again, thinking of the many consequences and outcomes that would probably follow if make such wise or seemingly idiotic decisions. Along with this known, he will start suspecting the worst if a situation seems out of his hands, as he's a bit emotional in "hectic" situations. Around others who are involved in these certain situations, he will try to brainstorm an outcome towards his certain actions, but may sometimes hide it in fear of exacerbating the situation. Though, if the situation does begin to worsen, he will begin to lose his subtle demeanor and start to panic mentally.
In heated situations, His personality can immediately make a somewhat drastic change, he will begin to act very uptight and tense since he doesn't naturally have the ability to soften a person's mood. Plus, he cannot really use his powers in these situations, as he somewhat lacks mental stability in battle or spicy situations. Though, he tries more than an average person, as he will try to comfort or even offer protection to those he considers allies or friends.
However, if he does find it necessary in a situation to join a fight, he will regularly plan out his own strategy in combat, mostly one that involves stealth; one that he and members of the clan often specialize in. This tactic can be of comparison to a hit-and-run plan, as he will start off his plans in the shadows use his technique of absorbing the dark/negative energy to help strengthen his leg muscles as so he can briskly (and hopefully, without being seen) lunge towards an opponent and land swift, cogent attacks. If he lands an attack, he will swiftly try to dart towards a nearby shadow to quickly lull himself and take quick breaths before repeating his process of attack.
If the plan fails, or if he doesn't find anywhere to quickly cloak himself, then he will just try to rely on his speed and power, sustaining himself until the fight might progresses onward.
Powers & Abilities
As he has the power to control, manipulate, and shift darkness/dark energy to his will, the use of it multiple times has caused after affects on his body:
Enhanced Night Vision: While being tutored by his father, they always had to train in a dark environment, as the energy would weaken and eventually would dissipate if exposed to any kind of light in a quick amount of time. Hectic found this quite difficult, and fussed at times, complaining that the hard conditions kept him from seeing if the power was working. Unbeknownst to him, however, it turned out that this was one of the many abilities that his father was trying to make him develop, as Hectic's eyes can now quickly adjust in dark areas.
- As a child, Hectic's parents were indeed struggling to find jobs to provide food for Hectic and his older brother, Nighter, when they were younger. All Hectic had to entertain himself with when he was younger was either play with Nighter, or play with a couple of wooden blocks that his mother bought for both of them. Frankly, he always enjoyed the wooden blocks more, always challenging himself to beat his best time in trying to stack the blocks properly and quickly. Although he doesn't realize this, this activity has drastically helped his eye-hand coordination.
- When he didn't feel like playing with the wooden blocks, though, he usually had a bit of fun with his older brother, whom was always a bit more active than him. His brother loved to play fight with him, often wanting them both to play with short tree branches as swords. Although Nighter always bested Hectic with superior speed and strength, Hectic proved himself to be a challenge with amazing reflexes and accurate reactions towards certain actions his brother took.
Star Amulet: An object given to Hectic by his mother when he was 5. A translucent, bright, yellow gem shaped like a star hangs from the end of the chain. These amulets are only given to those that are a part of the Erebus Clan, or at least share the blood of one of the members that pledge their trust and allegiance to that of the clan.
(Add here if you believe you character to be a friend of Hectic's.)
(Add here if your character has met Hectic on few occasions.)
(Add here if you believe your character to have a disliking towards Hectic.)
- He has social anxiety disorder, or the fear of being embarrassed or humiliated in social situations, which is why he regularly is afraid to speak out to others or try to be a leader.
- He also has agoraphobia fear of being in situations in which it would be difficult or embarrassing to leave or get help in, which explains his inconsistency in becoming involved in many things.
- When in the "Shadow Zone" train of thought, and absorbing the dark matter into his body, Hectic is slowly putting a strain on his body which can ultimately lead to his own downfall in combat, as the energy acts very energetic when in closed spaces, such as his muscles, leading to them giving out outbursts of force which Hectic uses as an advantage in this ability; however, these outbursts do not head in one single direction, but instead explodes outwards in all directions, hurting not only enemies but allies as well. Not only this, but the energy can also implode in his body if he uses this for too long, not only leading to bone fractures and injuries, but internal bleeding as well.
- As he is still a bit inexperienced with his power, he is a bit clumsy when in use of it as he doesn't yet truly understand how to control both potent energies.
- Even though he has lightning-quick reflexes and great reaction timing, he doesn't really have the physical body build needed to guarantee an indefinite victory in hand-to-hand combat, as he has a fairly average core body, along with slightly frail arms.
- His ability is weakened in daytime, as if it is exposed to rays of light, the darkness of which he can produce or maneuver from the shadows will become weakened, and will deal less damage than it could originally would, or its effects will weaken, along with Hectic's manipulation over them.
- When harnessing negative/dark energy, his eye color will change to a goldenrod yellow.
- The idea of Hectic's design and personality was partially inspired from Gon, one of the main characters and protagonists of the anime Hunter X Hunter.
- So far, Hectic has went trough a decent amount of reboots; this one, being his 5th.